Friday, January 7, 2011

Deep

"Worry about the things you can control, pray about the things you can't."  I can't remember where I heard this quote, but I remind myself of it all the time.  I have figured out a lot of things in my 29+ years, and one big thing is that I can't control everything, no matter how hard I try.  None of us are perfect, it's one of the things that makes us human.  The mistakes that we make, the trials we go through, they're what make us human.  Today I was wondering, if I knew I was going to die tomorrow, what would I do today?  And I realized that, I'm doing everything thing I can right now to get where I want to be in the future.  I'm going to school, working hard, and planning my future with my husband.  I have a surgical consult on 1/17 to *hopefully* find a solution to my back pain.  My family and friends know how much I love them, even if I don't get to see them or say it enough.  I imagine that, if I knew I were going to die tomorrow, I would try to see everyone before I went.  I wouldn't regret a thing.  It feels good to think that I don't have regrets anymore.  There are a million things in this life I probably would've done differently if I knew better, but it all has made me who I am.  All of my loved ones accept me for who I am, and it's about time I do the same.  It sounds kind of morbid I know, but I guess it's the best way to explain that I am content where I am in life.  None of us knows what the future holds, so we should do all we can to make the best of ourselves while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment